Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cygnar Stormclad Complete!

Got my first item off my list for my resolution, the Cygnar Stormclad was a gift from a friend for Christmas and was a great model to paint.
Who wouldn't want to paint this guy?!
I was very pleased about how he turned out, he makes a great addition to my force and really feels like the colors belong.




I tried to stick with similar colors through the unit and actually was testing a method of painting I normally don't do. I was testing with painting the metallics on directly without drybrushing on a black or similar base. It was a bit tricky because of the change of what I normally see of metallic paints, but it worked well. Gave a  smooth and solid look to the metal and in the end was not chunky or distorted.



The colors used are as follows:
Blue: Regal Blue -> Enchanted Blue -> Ice Blue (Light Stipple) -> Space Wolves Grey (Light Stipple)
Silvers: Boltgun Metal -> Badab Black (wash) -> Chainmail (Drybrush)
Bronze: Tin Bitz -> Dwarven Bronze (Stipple) -> Shining Gold (Light Stipple) -> Burnished Gold (Light Stipple)
Cloth: Kommando Khaki -> Bleached Bone -> Skull White (VERY light Drybrush)



With this method, you can see that the colors are very similar to the standard Cygnar style and giving it it's own flair. I also experiemented with the snow on the base more. I found that if you add just a little more Snow flock to the PVA glue and mix it well, you have a bit more control over the material. After it was placed, I tossed a little more of the dry flock on top to give it more of a snow feel rather than frosting!







Let me know what you all think!

Next up: Huron Blackheart

Fayte

No comments:

Post a Comment