Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Moving, done. Back to painting.

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. My wife and I moved into a new home and have been settling in nicely there.
But, after all that packing and unpacking, I have to say I am excited to start painting once more! I need to get some good photos of my new D&D mini (it's the Finecast for the Black Ork Boss) and finish him up and paint some more of my Tau.

Speaking of, I am trying to find a way to paint them white and have a solid, but not boring color scheme with them. So far my Devilfish and Crisis suit look good, but when I come to the Fire warriors, I can't seem to get the white look to stick well. I was thinking mostly of painting them shades of grey (darker: Fortress Grey, lighter: Space Wolves Grey). That way the scheme will feel very similar without taking away from it. With that, I will likely be highlighting with Hawk Turquoise because of its similar feel to the blues and tie it in with other armies.

Hopefully more pics up soon, back to unpacking my painting space!

Fayte

No comments:

Post a Comment